VACANCY FOR EVS VOLUNTEER IN A YOUTH WORK SETTING IN BRYR, DUBLIN, IRELAND.
General Youth work with specific areas of Music, Sports, Arts, Theatre.
Ballymun, Dublin 11
Start: Mon 04/09/2017
End: Tues 31/08/2018
Application Deadline: Thursday 1 st December 2016 at 5pm
Do you have an interest/experience of working with young people?
DO you have an interest/skills in music OR arts or theatre OR sports?
Youth Resource works to promote Youth Welfare and Development with young people aged 10-24yrs of age.
The EVS volunteer will engage in a Youth Work setting and support the programme of work with young people. While volunteers may have a focus in a specific area of interest ( Music, Visual Arts, Theatre, Sports ), they will be involved in all other areas of our youth work organisation on a daily basis. Overall, volunteers will learn and participate in a wide range of experiences where they will get the opportunity to use and develop their skills.
The EVS volunteer will work as part of a team of 46 staff who have been working in the Ballymun community since 1999.
Hosting organisation is based in Ballymun. Ballymun is a heavily disadvantaged community but is a dynamic urban centre. Ballymun has unemployment is 4 times that of the state, lower than average education levels, higher rates of crime. However, the population is reasonably settled and the majority like living here. There is high community activity. Ballymun has an area of 1 square mile and is 7k from the city centre.
Using a Youth Work approach the Erasmus+ themes of this project are
Youth participation, Intercultural learning, European citizenship awareness.
1. The volunteer will provide practical support to youth work, supporting group work, activities and excursions. The volunteer will work within our annual calendar of programme activities and work on festivals and special events.
2. Depending on the volunteers area of interest, possible tasks within the Arts programme are:
a. Music area e.g. Support the Music club. Bring skills in drums, guitars, keyboards, bands, singing, djing, song-writing, community performances
b. Visual Arts area e.g. Support the Fine Arts groups. Bring skills to activities and community displays e.g. haunted house in Otherworld Hallowe’en Festival, Lift Youth Arts Festival
c. Theatre area e.g support Roundabout Youth Theatre, facilitating drama workshops and supporting productions.
d. Physical Fitness – sports area e.g. supporting physical fitness with groups, via fitness sessions, games of football, engaging in gym work sessions, community based sports activities and local runs.
3. Volunteers will engage with local young people and encourage them to pursue volunteering opportunities both locally and internationally.
4. Volunteers will engage in specific activities to promote the theme of the project e.g. intercultural awareness, European Identity development with local young people.
5. Volunteer will engage in specific activities to promote EVS sending opportunities with local young people.
6. Volunteer will engage in specific activities to highlight learning from this project and to disseminate that learning.
7. Volunteer will take on other relevant and appropriate tasks as per Erasmus+ standards or as per our requirement.
Overall, the volunteer should believe in the potential of young people and the value of resourcing and supporting young people to transition positively and successfully into adulthood.
The volunteer should be aged between 23 – 30 years. The volunteer should be open, outgoing, an easy communicator and assertive. The person needs to be flexible and be eager to enjoy their EVS experience. The volunteer should have a strong interest/have experience in working with young people aged 10-24 years who live in a disadvantaged area.
The volunteer should feel confident in engaging with young people and building positive relationships with these young people. The volunteer must have a good level of fluency in English. The volunteer should be able to show initiative within the boundary of the organisation programme.
The volunteer should have a demonstrated interest/ or be skilled in: – visual arts, music, theatre, sports .
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
[button color=»blue» link=»https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j02HO7rfZWQHXqJzheJYJ18fRSvW7vkIsM1KRPK9Ois/edit?usp=sharing» size=»bigger»]Application form[/button]
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Ireland Stacey. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com