01.11.2016 – 01.11.2017 (12 months)
EKOenergy is an international ecolabel for electricity. EKOenergy is a recently launched network of 37 environmental NGOs willing to promote renewable electricity. That network owns and manages the EKOenergy label, the first and only pan-European ecolabel for electricity. We welcome an EVS volunteer to help us promote renewable energy: setting up campaigns, contact with electricity companies, contact with electricity consumers interested in renewable electricity, designing leaflets. Other tasks include general support of the secretariat, social media, translations from English to Spanish.
All tasks happen from our office in Helsinki. The volunteer will cooperated with about 10 other volunteers from 10 countries.
We can offer a variety of tasks and we are relatively flexible. We try to come up with tasks that are in line with the expectations of the volunteer:
– Socially active;
– Interested in environment and renewable energy;
– Interested in communication;
– Has analytical and organizational skills;
– Excellent written English skills. Because English language will be one of the tools of activity;
– Has the attitudes and values of human rights.
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15.08.2016 with subject “EVS_Helsinki.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”