Tenemos una interesante oportunidad SVE en un centro de información juvenil. Se requiere estar dispuestos a trabajar en equipo, tener iniciativa y una mentalidad abierta.
01.08. 2016– 15.01.2017 (5,1/2 months)
Vecpiebalga Youth Centre is one of the main tools of Vecpiebalga Local Municipality’s work with young people. The goal of the centre is to promote Vecpiebalga county’s youth initiatives, their participation in decision making and social life. The main activities are youth free time, youth awareness and participation, non-formal education, intercultural communication and volunteering. Youth participate in break-dance lessons, graffiti, decoupage and other workshops, have discussions about questions they are interested in, organize movie nights and tournaments of table games and brain games, make movies by themselves, organize and participate in local cultural and sport events, participate in international youth camps and youth exchanges. Youth Centre works with children aged 8 – 12 and young people aged 13 – 25 who live in rural area, have fewer opportunities and are in view of police, who go to school unwillingly and unemployed young people. To achieve the goal and develop its activities, Youth Centre takes part in various projects, organizes and takes part in different activities.
In youth centre there are working one professional specialist on youth affairs, who is responsible for running the centre, planning and implementing different projects, supervising everyday’s activities and etc. Also there are local volunteers, who help to look after youth centre, organize practicalities and organize some activities for children and youth.
– Workshops and fun activities with local children. Each day in the youth centre there are coming lots of local children who is interested to participate in different workshops (crafts and arts, etc.) and activities (common table and sports games, team building activities, etc.) and have fun. The Youth centre has LEGO Robotics set; there is option to lead LEGO programming workshops for children.
– Work with local youth. Each day in the youth centre there are coming lots of youngster who is interested to participate in activities like table and sport games’ tournaments, movie and culture nights, different hobby groups like cooking, arts, crafts, languages etc.
– Media. In the Youth centre there are photo and video cameras and computers with licensed design programmes. There is option to help the youth centre to make their webpage or blog and facebook.com page; to lead design or movie making hobby clubs; to do little jobs depending on organization needs.
– Spreading of information. To foster young people’s sense of European citizenship, to raise Volunteering awareness among Latvian youngsters with fewer opportunities and less-privileged backgrounds. Volunteers can tell or make presentations, culture days about their countries, European Union, European citizenship, European common values, programme “ERASMUS+”, Human Rights, promote EVS, raise European awareness, etc. Volunteers will present the information in non-formal way as well as organise non-formal games and quizzes about chosen topic and short games to fight prejudice against minorities or people anyhow different. To spread this information in whole Vecpiebalga region, volunteers can visit local schools and youth centres in other villages.
– Place for your own initiatives. The Youth centre will be always happy to see some new ideas and initiatives from volunteers.
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to email@example.com before the 15.07.2016 with subject “EVS_Vecpiebalga.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”