From: 01/10/2016 To:30/06/2017
Tysiąclecia Państwa Polskiego 24, 16-200 Dąbrowa Białostocka Poland
The volunteers should take part in different events which are held in our school ex: music, theatre and art festivals, sports events, therapeutic activities. The volunteers learn how to build and keep the relations with the mentally handicapped people. They have an opportunity to form their competence in cooperating with other organizations, which are our partners in the local environment (schools, universities, music and theatrical groups, et).
– Supporting teachers in their daily work and childcare
– Co-organization of school events.
– Sharing knowledge about other countries – their customs, traditions and culture, cusine
– Use your own passions and interests, special talents while working with disabled children
– learning polish language
Volunteer will be accomodated with other volunteers in a flat (10min walking from the school) or polish citizen. Will have his own room and kitchen and bathroom to share. Volunteers has a possibility to eat lunch for free in a school + gets pocket money and food money (around 760PLN per month in total). Volunteers gets bus card for unlimited travels in Bialystok by local transport. Cost of internaitonal travel is covered. Volunteers has 4hours per week of polish lessons.
Volunteering will participate in 2 trainings on-arrival in Warsaw and mid-term in Torun organized by National Agency of Poland. Except it coordinating organization provides extra trainings during voluntary service .
– age betwwen 18 – 30 years old
– available for candidates from European countries
– motivated to work with youngsters with disabilities
– creative and open-minded
– strong motivation for learning polish language
– someone who understand the idea of volunteering
– interested to implement their own ideas into the project
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Paulina Special School Poland. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com