EVS vacancies in Baile Tusnad, Transylvania, Romania
9 months (Nov.2015-Aug.2016)
or 12 months (Aug.2015-Aug.2016)
The EVS project will be in Baile Tusnad with 4 volunteers from 4 different countries
(Hungary, United Kingdoms, Italy and “?”).
The objective of our project is to involve the volunteers into our regular activities of St. Anne Youth
Centre. The Youth Center’s indoor and outdoor activities are mostly connected to develop different
kind of skills, abilities and competences of children and youngsters.
Another important aim of our project is to help and support the Local Child Care Home where 95-100
socially disadvantaged children lives (organize free time activities, language clubs, film clubs, etc.).
We are about to improve the possibilities of local children and youngsters by organizing regular afterschool
activities in different topics, according to the interest of the volunteers (art, language clubs,
The volunteer who arrives in August will spend 3 months with our present volunteers (from Spain,
France and Hungary).
- Organize workshops for children in different topics: can be anything useful. Examples: handicraft activities (they are mixed, we like both traditional kind of handicrafts and recycling workshops), workshops about environment protection, indoor-outdoor activities, hiking tours, program for international day of children.
- Working with children and youngsters in schools and the Youth Center, help them to understand how nature works, what connections exists between the natura and human kind, why is it important to protect it.
- Promote his/her own culture: organize screening in the Youth Center, organize open day where local people can taste traditional foods, drinks.
- Organize film clubsiuc or Sfantu Gheorghe. Many time we can help them by bringing them home by car or giving a lift to the city. They have to ask invoice when they doing a bigger shopping.
About Szekler Land (three county gives this historical region) :
You can find pictures about our activities on facebook :
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Centro Juvenil, Romania”.