Si tienes curiosidad por saber de Practicas con UE en delegaciones en Jamaica, Belice, Bahamas, Islas Turcas y Caicos y las Islas Caimán, apúntate en lista.
Sobre las Practicas con UE en delegaciones extranjeras
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Jamaica, Belize, The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and The Cayman Islands?
The EU Delegation to Jamaica was established in 1975 after the signature of the first Lomé Convention in Togo. The Delegation also covers Belize, the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos Islands and Cayman Islands. The Delegation represents the EU in all matters relating to partnership with Jamaica. It also works closely with EU countries as well as with representatives of non-EU countries and multilateral organisations. The Delegation helps managing EU’s programmes in the region. Its role has expanded greatly in recent years, making EU external assistance both more rapid and efficient.
Tareas de las Practicas con UE en delegaciones extranjeras
A traineeship of 6 months for within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Jamaica, Belize, The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and The Cayman Islands, starting as from 3 June 2019.
- Monitor political and economic developments in mainly Jamaica and Belize (to a certain extent also in The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and The Cayman Islands), and contribute to drafting reports.
- Conduct short-term and longer-term research on specific issues of interest in the fields of domestic political and economic affairs.
- Attend and report on public events, seminars, conference.
- Provide support to public diplomacy events, visits organised by the Delegation, and visits from Headquarters.
- Participate and provide support to the events organised by the delegation (Seminars, conferences, workshop, …) collect information in order to draft reports
- Organise, attend meetings and take minutes.
- Assist in the implementation of the communication strategy and outreach events of the delegation (Facebook, Twitter, web page, …).
- Respond to specific requests from colleagues (translation, search for information, welcome guests …).
- Follow issues of interest to the EU in its internal and external policies.
Requisitos para las Practicas con UE
- Excellent command of English (minimum C1).
- A good command of Spanish would be an asset.
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, showing good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Methodical, rigorous and autonomous mind-set.
Antes de solicitar
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Seguro durante el curso
Health insurance will NOT be provided or reimbursed by the mobility organisers. All participants are required to purchase health insurance individually. If you live in an EU country and use a national health insurance system there, please apply for a FREE European Health Insurance Card: http://ehic.europa.eu
We suggest that you buy an insurance for travelling, the INSURANCE IS NOT MANDATORY, but it is recommended buying it. Best insurance for Erasmus is www.seguroserasmus.com
Proceso de selección
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-JAMAICA@eeas.europa.eu :
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form.
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PPI Section
Se trata de una oportunidad ajena a YesEuropa. No tramitamos ninguna candidatura de esta oportunidad.
No nos responsabilizamos ni de los plazos ni de la información que provenga de dichas webs, ya que las entidades pueden cambiar las condiciones y los plazos.
Si te interesa, tenemos esta otra info de interés:
Nuestro consejo es que contactes directamente con la entidad convocante para más información.
Características del curso
- Conferencias 0
- Cuestionarios 0
- Duración 50 horas
- Nivel de habilidad Todos los niveles
- Idioma Inglés
- Estudiantes 0
- Evaluaciones Si