Dinamarca te trae una nueva oportunidad de SVE DInamarca, esta vez de la mano de un proyecto para trabajar en una escuela. ¡Apura y envía tu solicitud!
Si quieres más SVE DInamarca, por favor mira en nuestra web.
- Vacancy for EVS Volunteer in Denmark
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Application Deadline: 8th February 2018. If you have been shortlisted for the project we will contact you for a skype interview before 1st April 2018.
- 1st September 2018 to 31st August 2019
Información SVE Dinamarca
We prefer a creative persons who enjoys speaking in front of a crowd and who is motivated to develop events and activities that strengthen the integration between Danish and international students and strengthen the Global and European citizenship of the students. The volunteer must be mature, open-minded and able to work based on his/her own initiative, but also work in close cooperation with the staff at the project. Furthermore, we would prefer a person with a good command of spoken and written English language. The volunteer should be prepared to work also in the evenings and weekends and should be prepared to live in the countryside among a lot of young people 🙂
The volunteers are lodged at the folk high school. All meals will be provided by the school in dining room together with the students and the staff.
Criterios SVE DInamarca
In close cooperation with the Association of the Danish Folk High Schools and the Association of Danish “Efterskoler” AFS Interkultur in Denmark has developed a project with the overall purpose of strengthening young people’s European and Global citizenship and their intercultural competences through:
- Strengthening the integration, intercultural understanding and learning among Danish and international students at Folk High Schools and “Efterskoler”
- Strengthening the intercultural preparation of the students that are travelling during their stay at the Folk High Schools and “Efterskoler” with the purpose of preparing them for the cultural encounters
Six Folk High Schools and “Efterskoler” are participating in this project and will each host 1-2 volunteers.
Egå Ungdoms-Højskole (EUH) is a youth folk high school, – a creative Danish school, for students between the age of 16 ½ and 19 years. The days at the school are marked by; joy and intensity, and a community that is binding, spacious, and rewarding. At EUH, we try to engage the students to influence the decisions that affect the everyday life at the school. It is central for us at EUH that the students feel the importance of being an active member and taking responsibility for the community. For the creative ones, the thoughtful ones, and for those who enjoy sports. We teach classes in subjects such as: design, music, choir, theatre, art, sports, film, photo etc. and for international students, we will in autumn terms offer lessons called ”Danish and Denmark” and hopefully more. You pick your own classes. The subjects will have classes for beginners as well as experienced, meaning the classes evolve along with you.
At the school, you find a gym hall and workshops for all the classes. The school is located approx. 12 km outside of Aarhus, in the country side, and close to the beach. We have room for 82 students in 7 student-houses. In the International house (sometimes we have two International houses), lives foreign and possible, some Danish students together and the main language will be English – in the rest of the houses the daily main language will be Danish. The teachers will translate lessons, common lessons and other information. We are a Danish Højskole (Folk High School), but because of the international students all information and lessons will be translated into English, and the daily language is a mix of Danish and English.
As Brenderup Højskole has an international profile, the main task of the volunteers will be partly to strengthen the integration between the international and Danish students and partly to prepare students who go abroad for their intercultural experience and culture encounter. The specific activities and events will be created and developed in close cooperation between the volunteer and the staff of the school.
Throughout their stay the volunteer will participate in three seminars arranged by AFS Interkultur with the purpose of giving them tools, knowledge and methods on intercultural learning and culture encounter to develop the activities and events. The seminars will also include evaluation of the project and further reflection on the individual learning of the individual volunteer.
The volunteer will be part of the special fellowship that exists on a Danish Efterskole and Folk High School. As the volunteer are older than the students, he/she will also be positioned as leaders, persons of authority and consultants, and this is a great opportunity for the volunteer to develop her/his pedagogical abilities and the ability to structure and plan events for others.
In addition the volunteer will have other task defined by EUH. Activities could be:
- To participate in the making of a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the dorm for international students
- To create a stimulating learning environment in which our students will be able to thrive, grow, and prosper. This work requires both practical help to meet the resident requirements from the Danish Authorities and a lot of “just being around” the young people attending the school, facilitating a functional collective oozing of respect in between the dorm students in which there should also be room for individual differences
These tasks EUH hopes, is to be met in the social work at the school as well as in the curriculum courses (as teacher’s assistant). The volunteer will mainly work to strengthen cultural awareness amongst the students through a variety of inter-cultural arrangements and pedagogically planed events during the entire course. All activities have the main end of enlighten and empower our students in a way that’ll enable them to develop on a personal level and to participate as full citizens in a democratic society.
EUH offers an intellectual and emotional stimulating environment with highly competent and engaged colleagues and a broad variety of challenges pertaining to create the best possible Folk High School for our students. The volunteer will find a high degree of freedom in her/his work environment in which he/she will find rich opportunity to develop personal skills and make long lasting experiences within communication, teaching, and pedagogics.
Cómo solicitar SVE Dinamarca
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject:
“EVS Denmark Maria Egå Højskole. YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com