Participa en estas becas inteligencia emocional en Letonia con el Programa Erasmus+ para jóvenes que quieran aprender sobre este tema. Recuerda, ¡con todos los gastos pagados!.
Activity dates : 27th August -1st September (travel dates 26th August arrival &2nd September departure)
Venue: Stameriena, Latvia. We have already booked our venue (you can see it here http://www.vonadzini.lv/index_
Deadline: latest by Friday 27th July
Participation fee: 20€ per participant (apart of Building Bridges fee)
P O W E R I N ( E ) M O T I O N: Applying Emotional Intelligence in Youth Work for youth empowerment
Danny Dorling, (Oxford University Professor) once wrote in his article on youth unemployment: ‘In many material ways the young people of Europe are the best-off generation, the first to live all their life with access to the internet, most of them in heated homes with hot running water, well clothed, well fed, and entertained, even many of the very poorest’
With all these in mind, what could possibly go wrong for millions of ‘lucky’ young people nowadays?
Youth empowerment and hundreds of related youth work approaches have already been there helping for decades to reach out to young people, regardless of who they are and how privileged (or not!) they seem to be. However, although well- evidenced and practiced for years, we feel that youth empowerment practices require a fresh approach and real POWER boost to become even more effective and therefore meaningful to young people. Such POWER is enabled by looking at emotions and how to apply so called ‘emotional intelligence’ to our youth work and youth empowerment practices.
To put it simply, Emotional Intelligence (EI) relates to the ability to recognize our own emotions and those of other people as well as to understand the influence of those on our behavior, communication with others, our self-esteem, etc.
In the context of our project, we wish to take EI tools even further by applying these to traditional youth work methods and using these to empower young people for positive changes at the personal and societal level. For that we shall focus especially on developing understanding and practical tools related to two major areas of EI that is:
- Personal competences: self-awareness (emotional self- awareness, accurate self-assessment, self-confidence), self-regulation (self-control, conscientiousness, adaptability, innovation), self-motivation (achievement drive, commitment)
- Social competences: empathy (understanding others, developing others, service orientation, leveraging diversity, political awareness) and social skills (communication, conflict management, leadership, collaboration and cooperation, team capabilities).
The aim of the project is to develop capacities of youth work practitioners (including youth workers, leaders of informal groups, trainers, coaches, etc.) in applying emotional intelligence practices in empowering young people for their further personal and professional development.
- To reflect upon the situation of young people nowadays (particularly those hard to reach, NEET, disadvantaged) so as to better understand the need for support and guidance in pursing their passions, talents, etc;
-Train youth work practitioners in basic concepts of emotional
intelligence and building the case for its application in the youth field;
- To provide first-had experience in developing emotional intelligence competences (personal and social) ;
– To equipe youth work practitioners with a set of creative tools and methods related to youth empowerment through emotional intelligence)
– To exchange further tools and best practices in the area of
youth empowerment and supporting young people’s personal and professional development
-To facilitate networking between partner promoters and development of strategies for the future joint projects aimed at youth empowerment.
TARGET GROUP: Youth workers youth leaders, trainers, coaches as well as any other youth work practitioners, willing to develop their competences in the field and to establish future cooperation.
The activities of the project intend to develop participants’ knowledge, skills, and attitudes through non-formal and informal methods, such as: presentations, individual/group reflections, team-buildings, group discussions, problem-solving activities, learning by doing, etc..
The following project is financially supported by the ERASMUS+ grant. Hence, 100% of the food and accommodation expenses will be covered by the organiser. For travel cost please see the info below and check the maximum amounts awarded per Participant and per country.
A participation fee of 20euro has been set per participant
All participants will be accommodated in Vonadziņi situated near Lake Ludza.You can find more about the place here: http://www.vonadzini.lv/index_content.html
Additionally, all meals will be provided at venue. We will have
potatoes for breakfast, potatoes for lunch and potatoes for dinner (Latvia is after all the potatoes country)…but in real we will take care of you providing proper European breakfasts, lunch and dinner, taking into consideration your participants special needs and dietary!
Travelling to Gulbene
Sunday 26th August – Please arrive to the venue by 6pm at the latest.
From airport public buses will lead you to Riga center.Find out the timetables here: http://www.riga- airport.com/en/main/passengers/useful-information/getting- to-the-airport/public-transport
Closer to the training course we will confirm the exact meeting
place and if necessary we can organise a mini van. Otherwise if hours are suitable we will send you the information for the public transport to the venue.
Sunday 2nd September – Departure after breakfast- please keep in mind that we are 2 hours away from the airport
According to Erasmus + Guidelines, travel insurance is not eligible cost so it can not be reimbrursed by the project and shall shall be covered by individual participants themselves. We strongly advise all participants to arrange for adequate travel insurance, to avoid problems and issues such as lost and/or damaged luggage, canceled flights, delays. The organisers cannot take any responsibility for the unfortunate events during your travel.
Closer to the training course, we will send a list of things to prepare/do before the course. Also, in a few weeks time, the timetable of the mobility will be shared with everyone attending. First, we shall adjust it, though, based on the needs identified in the participants’ application forms. This is to ensure that the training is as practical and fit for purpose as possible
ou are allowed to arrive OR depart within max 2 days of the mobility dates (e.g. arrive 2 days before OR stay 2 days longer). . Extra stay will not be supported with food or accommodation, yet you can use this time to visit some places around. Should your stay be longer than 2 days (unless necessary!) we do reserve the right not to reimburse part of your travel costs.
Before purchasing any tickets, please make sure that your travel
times/cost are approved by us in advance!
The hosting organization does not cover travel and health insurance. Each participant should have valid health insurance (for example European Health Card) and travel insurance during the whole participantion in the project. We reccommend www.seguroserasmus.com
Also, you should have during the exchange travel documents: identity card / passport.
Proceso selección para las becas de intercambios
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
You should complete registration in 2 steps:
1. Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”. All documents written in english you can send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “TC Gulbene Olga.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME“. We give you creative ideas about how to create a good CV in English.
2. Pay the registration fee (40€) by Paypal or bank transfer to :Asociación Building Bridges, CIF G85466886. This registration fee includes one year membership to our National and International activities.
* It is compulsory to send application form, CV and motivation letter and pay the registration fee at the same time in order to be within the pre-selection process.
If you are not selected by the sending or hosting organisation, we will reimburse the fee. Please see conditions of Erasmus+ grants
Payment by bank: Asociacion Building Bridges
IBAN / BIC:
ES67 0081 1534 5900 0116 4823 / BSAB ESBB
What do our participants say?
- Álvaro en Cerdeña
- Carlos e Isabel en su SVE social
- Vídeos de voluntarios europeos
- María de SVE en Córcega
- Alicia en Polonia
Mira las fotos de nuestros voluntarios en Madrid y Europa... Ver fotos