Se ofrecen becas Dinamarca para participar en un proyecto de voluntariado europeo en ese país.
Localicación becas Dinamarca:
Fecha límite becas DInamarca:
- Deadline:before the 20th February 2018. If you have been shortlisted for the project we will contact you for a skype interview before 1st April 2018.
1st September 2018 to 31st August 2019
Detalles becas Dinamarca
The folk high school is placed in Denmark – a small village with a couple of groceries, drug stores, schools and a library. Is close to both beach and forest. There is often arranged activities away from the high school. The type of activities depends on the season, but examples of activities are going to the beach for a swim or touring on the school bikes.
Folk High School is a contemporary Danish folk high school. The students are primarily between 17 and 25 years old. At Folk High School we believe that a precondition for peaceful coexistence in the world is the unbiased interaction of people from different cultural backgrounds.
Folk High School offers an exchange of life experience, ideas and viewpoints among people from different cultures, building on responsibility to the community and respect for the individual.
The volunteers will be lodged at the high school where they will live in a separate area with bedrooms, bathroom and kitchenette with a microwave etc. They will eat at the school together with the students and the staff.
Tareas becas Dinamarca
As Højskole has an international profile, the main task of the EVS volunteers will be partly to strengthen the integration between the international and Danish students and partly to prepare students who go abroad for their intercultural experience and encounter. The specific activities and events will be created and developed in close cooperation between the EVS volunteers and the staff of the school.
Throughout their stay EVS volunteers will participate in three seminars arranged by coordinators with the purpose of giving them tools, knowledge and methods to develop the activities and events. The seminars will also include evaluation of the project and further reflection on the individual learning of the individual EVS volunteer:
The three seminars in which the EVS volunteers will take part will include the following topics:
- Overall information on the purpose and framework of the project
- Introduction to coordinators and the organisation’s approach to culture and intercultural learning
- Introduction to Danish culture and history
- Insight into the Danish Folk High Schools and ”Efterskoler”
- Global Competence Certificate: An online Intercultural Learning program developed by AFS
- Literature, research and concrete methods and exercises to strengthen cultural encounters
- Formal and informal teaching methods
- Elaboration of an education plan and workshops
- Methods of facilitation and tools (including evaluation methods)
- Ideas to activities for the EVS volunteer to carry out at his/her school
- Suggestions on how to increase the awareness of the project to the society
- Reflection on the individual learning of the volunteers
- Evaluation of the project as such (results, cooperation, future activities etc.)
- Adjustment of the project
- Handover of the project to new EVS volunteers (including exchange of experiences, good-practises and ideas)
The volunteers will be part of the special fellowship that exists on a Danish High School. As the volunteers are older than the students, they will also be positioned as leaders, persons of authority and consultants, and this is a great opportunity for the EVS volunteers to develop their pedagogical abilities and the ability to structure and plan events for others.
Examples of volunteer activities at Højskole:
- Office work (making brochures, taking photos/videos, updating facebook e.g.)
- Practical work connected to the idea of sustainability such as gardening and maintenance of our buildings
- Facilitate sport activities
- The volunteers will have opportunities to assist the teachers in the subjects for which the volunteer has a special commitment or knowledge about
and other activities in which the volunteer may like to be involved:
- Leisure activities for the students. Højskole is very open to any new idea for after-class activities, that the volunteers might have
- Participation in all of the arrangements and events run by the school and connected associations
- Every Sunday one of the normally 3 volunteers will be the host for the students and this role includes planning student activities, coordinating the meals, making sure that kitchen and weekend duties are done by the students and if needed welcoming guests at the school. The teacher who is responsible for the weekend will always be back up
- During our short term summer courses the tasks will also include service jobs like running a small bar, cleaning and assisting teachers in various activities
Who will administer the volunteer stay?
Brenderup Højskole has a partnership with coordinators Denmark, who will administer the Erasmus+ grant – including the volunteer allowance to be given to the volunteers during the program. Coordinators will make sure that every EVS volunteer gets a mentor at the project and a contact person outside of the project. This contact person will help the volunteer to integrate into the Danish local community and support the volunteer with every matter related to the stay of the volunteer. Coordinators also helps the volunteer become part of the overall EVS network in Denmark. Both Coordintaors and Højskole will assist volunteers with the administative paperwork related to arriving in Denmark. Højskole as the hosting school will provide accommodation and three meals a day to the volunteer.
Perfiles becas DInamarca
We prefer a creative persons who enjoy speaking in front of a crowd and who is motivated to develop events and activities that strengthen the integration between Danish and international students and strengthen the Global and European citizenship of the students. The volunteer must be mature, open-minded and able to work based on his/her own initiative, but also work in close cooperation with the staff at the project. Furthermore, we would prefer a person with a good command of spoken and written English language. The volunteer should be prepared to work also in the evenings and weekends and should be prepared to live in the countryside among a lot of young people 🙂
We prefer a creative person who enjoys speaking in front of a crowd and who is motivated to work in a dynamic intercultural atmosphere. He/she should be prepared to work also in the evenings and weekends. The volunteer should also be diligent and reliable and willing to work overtime in peak seasons.
It is crucial that the volunteer is motivated to live with a Danish host family and take an active part in the family life. This might also mean that there will be some commuting between home and office.
Naturally it will be an advantage if the volunteer has experience working in volunteer-drive organisations
The volunteers are lodged at the folk high school where they will live in a separate area with bedrooms, bathroom and kitchenette with a microwave etc. All meals will be provided by the school in dining room together with the students and the staff.
Selección de participantes becas Dinamarca
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: email@example.com with subject “EVS Denmark Folk Brenderup .YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”.