8 becas Erasmus+ para un intercambio juvenil en Francia sobre racismo en Europa con todos los gastos pagados de transporte, alojamiento y manutención
Becas cubiertas! Por favor mira más intercambios Erasmus+ y Becas Erasmus+
Answer to the racism: the ABC of youth
Dates and location
22th until the 29th February 2016
The location will be Saintes in France.
Background of exchange
Racism is an ideology which, starting from the premise of the existence of human races, believes that some races are inherently superior to others. This ideology can lead to a hostile attitude or systematic sympathy for a particular class of people. It involves behaviours, words or practices that disadvantage certain people because of their colour, culture or ethnic origin.
Combating racism requires strong political will, affirmed at the highest level of the state and from all nearby Institutions. This issue needs to be widely discussed and well explained in all spheres of society, school, college and universities; as well as in sports, businesses, NGOs, professional circles to reach even the family debates.
Racism is a timeless and universal scourge. It is a parasite that thrives and feeds times of crisis, which generates violence, massacres. It is in these times of difficulties blindness, insanity and stupidity prevail over common sense of the human being.
Nowadays, Racism is much more than a question of race superiority; it is that feeling when facing different people and we cannot understand each other. Contempt and exclusion are the result of the anguish that turns into outright rejection. In all countries or states: the origins and backgrounds, religions and beliefs, and cultures are all affected. Each of us, in a way, is an actor and a victim of racism, whether deliberately or not.
This project is designed to sensitize the youth on a delicate and sensitive issue.
Racism response can be achieved by various means, an understanding of racism, discrimination, and how we go from prejudice to discrimination. Understand that racism is a crime severely punished by law as discrimination. Understand how to act when you are a witness or victim of racist or discriminatory acts.
Furthermore, It will enable us to inform and promote the organization of working groups and assist stakeholders in the development of practical tools and plans which are feasible and efficient.
We want to provide tools to young people so that they can give answers to acts of racism, in a civic and non-violent manner, within their immediate environment. Role playing, concrete case studies, simulations and testimonies will be on the menu during this youth meeting for an exchange of good practices.
Participants and Target group:
Young people members of Building Bridges between 18-25 years old.
Objectives of the Youth Exchange:
➢ To stimulate interest in human rights and racism issues.
➢ Develop skills for democratic participation, communication and cooperation
➢ To empower young people in the fight against racism
➢ Promote the responsibility, justice and solidarity.
➢ Developing a policy for dealing with racist incidents in school (or in a club or organization)
➢ Develop a social network to enable the various actors and stakeholders, faced with these concerns, to be able to act and implement mechanisms to prevent or correct the effects threatening social cohesion and contribute to the preservation a civic space without racism.
➢ To bring out a shared strategy for the prevention and fight against any kind of racism expression, to facilitate access to justice for victims and reduce racist expression, and make it unacceptable in society.
During already 3 years we are locally organizing modules for formation around diversity, interculturality and education of the citizenship. Moreover we are intervening in schools in the city of Saintes.
Our assiciation is following these objectives:
– to promote the Afro-African culture through dance (salsa, afro-jazz, African dance), the music and the singing
– to form animators who lead projects about diversity
– to promote the intercultural learning
– to discover this culture by providing workshops and internships of introduction
– to produce lively spectacles
– to create all the legal activities to allow the evolution of the association Arts en Mouvement
Since 3 years l’association Arts en Mouvement has organized an international festival to animate the city, to promote intercultural exchanges and diversity, to create moments of dialogue with the population of the country Val Saintonge.
We are more and more turned towards the European actions by participating in exchanges, Training Courses and seminaries. The mobility of our voluntaries pushed us indirectly towards the wish to organize these Training Courses. This reinforced the European citizenship of our members and they want to participate and organize actions. We have meetings day to day.
Accommodation and lodging covered by 100% by the Erasmus +. The accommodation place was not finalized yet. So, you will receive another info pack later.
Travel expenses partially or entirely covered by Erasmus + (the amount depends of the route to the venue of the training). Total amount for return ticket 270€
The exchange will be implemented in the framework of the EU Erasmus+ Programme, and travel expenses will be reimbursed to all participants according to travel limits set by the Erasmus+ Programme. If you stay within the given budget, your expenses will be covered 100%, and if you spend more, the exceeding amount will be your own contribution to your travel. Please find the maximum amounts participants can spend to travel to Budapest or to the venue in Felsőtárkány.
The reimbursement of your travel and visa costs will be organised on the spot in cash (EUR) during the training course, so please bring all necessary documents and receipts to make the process easier. (The participation fee, 25 € will be deducted from the sum.)
Accommodation and food during the training course will be fully covered. Insurance is obligatory and should be arranged and covered by each participant and will not be reimbursed. We reccommend “SegurosErasmus” which is the cheapest one.
!! Important: Consult the organisers before buying tickets. Only ticket options approved by the organisers will be reimbursed.
All traveling, accommodation, catering costs are covered by the Erasmus + Programme. For other expenses (souvenirs, extra food) each participant should bring money as much as he/she thinks will be needed.
The necessary documents:
If all documents provided (original ticket, boarding passes….) the reimbursement will be done at the end of the project. If not, after the course, by bank transfer.
– If they will have return ticket in their own country. Ask them to buy while coming to the project.
– Taxis will not be reimbursement.
– We need your all receipts, tickets and boarding passes (for both ways). So when you are coming, keep them. After the project you should send us (scanned by email and originals by post) all the tickets and boarding passes of the travel back home.
– Insurance will be participants’ responsibility. We reccommend www.seguroserasmus.com if you travel from Spain
● Taking into account the educational kind of the project, it is forbidden to use alcohol and other drugs during the project activities.
● The project assumes that attendance in all activities for all the participants must be 100%. Failure to attend the activities may result in our inability to reimburse the travel expenses.
– Please bring information to present your NGO in the NGO fair. Do not forget to bring materials about your organisation (leaflets, posters, photos, videos, CD-ROMs, etc)
You can share your projects, best practices,…..
– We will create a booklet of the project which will include all the NGOs participating to the project. So, we kindly ask you to send us 1 page information and 1 or 2 pictures and logo of your NGO. So, we can deliver it to even after the project.
– Please prepare to present your country on the inter-cultural evening; some foods, posters, games, music….. (There is no opportunity to use the kitchen for preparing food).
Expectations and Rules during the project
The participants are expected to attend the whole duration of the project and participate in all activities. If an emergency happens and you need to be absent for a short time, the team should be informed in advance. Please use the free time for meeting friends. If you miss any part of the course only without a valid reason (illness or unforeseen grave circumstances) and without informing the team and/or if you cause major problems for the team and or the participant group, the team will have to take measures going from partial refunding of the tuition, travel expenses, board and lodging by the participant up to exclusion from the course in extreme situations.
Please note that during the course the team have the authority to take decisions in a day-to-day life as well as the arrangement of the programme.
You should complete registration in 2 steps:
1. Please send your application form, CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with subject “Exchange Racism Esprit Saintes“. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”. All documents written in english you can send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Exchange Racism Esprit Saintes“.
Selected participants will receive the detailed infosheet after the selection process.
2. Pay the registration fee (40€) by Paypal or bank transfer to :Asociación Building Bridges, CIF G85466886. This registration fee includes one year membership to our National and International activities.
* It is compulsory to send application form, CV and motivation letter and pay the registration fee at the same time in order to be within the pre-selection process.
If you are not selected by the sending or hosting organisation, we will reimburse the fee. Please see conditions of Erasmus+ grants
Payment by bank: Asociacion Building Bridges
IBAN / BIC:
ES67 0081 1534 5900 0116 4823 / BSAB ESBB
What do our participants say?
- Álvaro en Cerdeña
- Carlos e Isabel en su SVE social
- Vídeo de Alejandro
- María de SVE en Córcega
- Alicia en Polonia
Mira las fotos de nuestros voluntarios en Madrid y Europa... Ver fotos