Lituania está esperando a 3 voluntarios para dos proyectos que tendrán lugar en la ciudad de Vievis. Un centro cultural y un centro de día para niños son las dos opciones que te ofrecen para vivir la inolvidable experiencia de un SVE. ¡Anímate a presentar tu candidatura!
Cultural Center – From 1 of September 2016 till 1 of August 2017 (11 months)
Day care Center – From 1 of October 2016 till 1 of August 2017 (10 months)
- Cultural Center: it is the main organizer of cultural events in the city. They organize various activities for youth and community such as dances, choir, traditional festivals, environment protection moves, sport events and etc. The Center is in collaboration with church, media, municipalities cultural, education and non-formal education institutions, art groups from Lithuania and abroad, art and active leisure social centers.Since 2011 in the center is working “Open space for youth”, where various projects for young people were accomplished. During students holidays the Center organizes day camps of creation where young people have a chance to spent time with their age people, to do sport activities, play table games, attend drama courses or participate in various discussions. Center is interested in innovation and tries to enrich society’s cultural life by doing different projects.The most important aims are:
1. To foster Vievis city and Lithuania cultural traditions;
2. To create new cultural traditions and events in Vievis city;
3. To take care about Vievis community cultural education.
- Children’s Day Centre: It is the governmental enterprise from Elektrenai municipality. The purpose of the centre is to provide social care, psychological, spiritual and material help for children from socially disadvantaged background (from the families-in need, from the social risk group families, or single-parent families etc.) The tasks of the centre is to educate the child and make him prepared to be a self-independent person who is responsible for his own behaviour; to encourage the family to work on the welfare of the child; to organize cultural, sport, art activities for children; to organize activities for children occupation after school; to organize prevention against drug, alcohol, nicotine abuse etc.The main activities of the centre are as follow: after school activities (various art, music, sport, cultural workshops) food provision (lunch after school), help doing homework, organise trips and excursions, organizing camps etc. Nowadays the centre is being attended by 40 children from social risk families. There are 7 staff members in the day centre: the director, two social workers, a psychologist, a cook, a cleaning lady and a driver. Some of them work part time.
How to apply
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Vievis Lithuania Cultural Center . YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” or «EVS Vievis Lithuania Day Care Center. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com