Croacia, esa país rodeado de las mejores playas del Mediterráneo, te ofrece la oportunidad de descubrir todos esos secretos que esconde. ¿Cómo? Animándote a que entres a formar parte del universo SVE con este voluntariado europeo asistencial. ¡Sigue leyendo para empezar a soñar!
Solidarity to progress
01/04/2016 – 31/09/2016
1) Home assistance – Helpingelderlypeopleineverydaylife (doing small repairs and cleaning, painting, small administrative help, mowing and collecting grass etc),
2) Social activities for elderly people – Connect young volunteers (local and international) with elder people through organised joint meetings (cooking, exchangeofrecipes, at centers for elderly people and social activities at day care center for elderly people – social games, computer lessons, talking, socialization)
3) Social activities for youth – social games nights, movie nights, sports nights, philosophic café – including organisation, preparation and implementation of social activities in order to foster social engagemen to fyoung people
4) Socialactivities for children – organisation and implementation of workshops for children (socially disadvantaged children, children from foster families, refugees and immigrants, gifted children – art &craftworkshops, lego workshops,
5) Promotion of opportunities for youth – participation in organisation of events, campaigns and promotional activities for youth in order to inform them about different opportunities for work, studying, language courses, participation in working camps or how to find learning opportunities (youthexchanges and trainings), volunteering abroad – promotion of Erasmus+ programme in youth area and informing youth
6) Inter-cultural evenings – organisation of activities in order to increase knowledge about other cultures, societies and languages of countries volunteer scame from and other European countries.
7) Personal EVS project – each EVS volunteer would develop own individual activities within his/her EVS service in order to gain competences for direct leading of activities, develop creativity and leadership skills. volunteers would be helped by staff and volunteers in these activities and mentors would supervis eand help in learning process.
8) Project promotion – promotion of activities through social networks a nd online communication channels. In their work, volunteers would use different technologies for dissemination of results and visibility of project activities (video, photo, articles/news) and info tools, developing brochures, flyers and presentations, editing photos and movies from activities.
Promotion of social and personal development of the volunteer:
The Volunteer will learn during Solidarity to progress:
– Adaptability and capacity to overcome new challenges, to share responsibilities working together with other volunteer and the team work
– Development of cultural awareness about the needs generated in a multicultural environment
– Communication and socialization in Croatian and an inner look to Croatian society and different groups in Vukovar
– Develop a sense of autonomy and how to administrate resources
– Develop social abilities of communication and interpersonal relations with others
– Knowledge about the life of Youth and other people in Local Community of Vukovar
– Develop its abilities to work in a team and the methodologies of work in Non Formal Education
– Strategies to work with different groups of people
– Skills to look for information and resources.
Time Schedule and Holidays:
6 hours a day, 5 days a week, 2 free consecutive days each week and 2 holiday days each month
The volunteer will live in a shared house with other volunteers and the basic necessities will be covered (common kitchen, washing machine…). It will be given a monthly allowance for food of 160€.
Volunteer will be given a bike as a way of local transportation and covered costs of travel when necessary.
The volunteer will be given a monthly allowance of 93 €.
The Coordinating Organisation assumes the responsibility of increasing the level of awareness about risk evaluation, risk prevention and the high quality of tutorial-counselling support with the EVS Programme, not only in Croatia but establishing a network with the partners abroad. The volunteers will receive information about risk prevention and crisis management on his arrival. Moreover, they will be provided with 24 hours emergency contact telephone numbers. The Coordinating Organisation will as well give personal information and contact details in each case for every volunteer.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world” is going to be an educational project clearly aiming at disseminating certain skills and awareness about Youth Work among the members of the Youth Clubs. This project is expected to play an important role in the dissemination of the European values among the youth of Cyprus. The volunteers will support local volunteers who are familiar with the specific local needs, such as youth leaders and young volunteers.
Volunteers will gather European documentation and will produce informational material. They will also support the European Projects & International Relations Coordinator in certain tasks as database update, communication, events, implementation of educational programs, helping youth clubs in partners search, facilitating events, promoting Erasmus+, promoting the EU values, key priorities and opportunities. Given that young people can easily understand complicated messages if the messenger is a young person, the project will be based on the participatory approach of peer-to- peer education. The volunteers will receive mentoring from the European Projects & International Relations Coordinator of the CYCO. At the end of their service they will receive a certificate and recommendation letter (s).
Profile of the participants
We are looking for creative, multitasking young people – from 18 to 30 – who love youth work and volunteerism.
Number of volunteers: 6 people
Food and accommodation is free. A monthly allowance of 110 euros will be given to the volunteers. They will cover the travel cost according to the rules of the Erasmus + Programme. You will need to keep the receipts and the boarding passes. The health insurance will also be covered by the organization.
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Croatia Vukovar. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com