Le Dézert, France
A total of 32 week(s) during the period May 2017 to Dec. 2017
The “Pavillon” is a training and information center to raise awareness among people to save energy and to be more sustainable in their daily life and in a interactive way. The Pavillon is located in the countryside and is adressed to a large audience (individuals, schools, professionals etc). The Pavillon organises training information, interactive displays and educational workshops about house construction and renewable energy sector. Since the opening in 2010, the Pavillon has received 37 000 visitors.
The Pavillon is managed by the Manche departement (local authority).
According to your talents and desires, you can help the team for :
– animation and organisation of educational workshops for school groups (science activities and experiments, educational games…) and profesionnals events / activities (house construction and renovation)
– get involved in other events on sustainable development in connection with the Manche departement.
Please note that the activity and accomodation are not in the same place: the activity place (The Pavillon) is located in the countryside in a small village but the volunteer will stay in a hostel for young workers in Saint-Lô city (15km from the Pavillon).
You will have your own sleeping room. Meals are served in the cafeteria of the hostel or you can use the kicthen to cook. You will have a car to ride at the Pavillon during the week and bus tickets to move in the city and discover the region.
EVS training sessions for volunteers
French language class
Develop educational tools
Popularisation of science
Discover energy sector and sustainable technologies
Discover local authority actions
The Pavillon is looking for volunteer:
– with strong interest for energy or environemental sector,
– who is comfortable to communicate with a young audience (8-18 years old),
– enjoying countryside,
– who have a driving licence.
How to apply
Building Bridges Association users will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) and skype name
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS France Manche Grillot. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com