Varias oportunidades de Servicio Voluntario Europeo en Salzburgo, Austria. ¡Anímate a vivir una apasionante aventura para 2016!
You can see the date of each project after the headline ‘Projects’.
- September 2016 – February 2017 (6 months): It is a social-profit organization that runs a cultural center at the outskirts of the city of Salzburg. The location consists of a Café-Bar, a small concert hall for events, a rehearsal room with a recording studio, a screen-printing workshop and a bike workshop. We want to be an open space for everybody, so the activities are either offered for free or at a very affordable level. They will decide together with the EVS-participant on which project they will focus during their stay. Depending on their interests, this could be in the field of public relations, marketing, event organisation, gastronomy, bar, event technology, cooking, … You should be aware tha tthey’re a non-hierarchical team and though they’re trying to consider your individual interests and strengths. They’re taking care of the house together, so everybody of them need to be prepared to help in every part of the house (bar, cleaning, painting, …). They’re open mainly in the evenings (nights) and on weekends, so please don’t expect a regular 9-5-schedule. They’re looking forward to meeting open-minded people interested in (sub-)culture, music/art, social and ecological change, willing to be an active and creative part of a small, diverse team.
- May 2016 – April 2017 (12 months): It is Salzburg’s Community Radio – that means independent, non-commercial, non-profit orientated and with free and public access for everyone to the opportunity of broadcasting. It is the radio with the most freedom of speech and variety of opinions in Salzburg. It offers a platform to different people, especially to those who don’t have a voice in other media because of social, racist, sexist or other kind of discrimination. Their aim is to encourage civil society, the communication between cultures and generations and the equality of the sexes. In their programme everyone can take part in, so they make a contribution to the freedom of speech in Salzburg. Everyone can represent his/her opinion and turn his/her ideas into reality.The volunteer can learn a lot about radio journalism, moderation and radio techniques. She/he will be a part of the team, especially of the editorial staff. After the time working here she/he will be able to make an own radio program and got an insight in and an overview over the work of an (non commercial) radio station (and also of an institution, that carries out many projects). The volunteer should have technical interest and interest in radio. She/he should be motivated for creating own inputs for the radio, work independently and be creative. The technical knowledge that is necessary for broadcasting is imparted in workshops.
- September 2016 – middle of August 2017 (11 to 12 months): it is a day-care centre for 5 to 15 year old children and teenagers. It provides lunch, helps with the homework under academic supervision, leisure time activities in the field of sport, creativity/art, culture and fun. At the organisation various little or big projects, such as holiday camps are also organized. The Island Campus is a spacious area with garden, lots of green, hills and central island. The day-care centre has 10 rooms for all kinds of activities for children. Special areas are the trampoline with 4 large nets, a skatepark, swimming pools, 2 big gardens with old trees, hills and playing corners and an indian bonfire place. They also have a story telling rail coach, a pottery, a pizza oven, a streetball ground, a Zen-garden, playground, beach volleyball court, football ground, willow tipees, amphitheatre as well as conference room and seminar rooms in the main house. The Island means day-care in a familiar surrounding but they also offer holiday programmes at midterm and in July/August.
Your tasks will be:
– play, sports and fun activities
– assistance to the children/youngsters to do their homework
– workshops dedicated to different topics
– running of the organisation & domestic economics (administration, helping in the kitchen, in the restaurant.)
You should be patient and creative and you should like working with children.
How to apply?
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject:
- “EVS Salzburg Cultural Centre. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME”
- “EVS Salzburg Radio. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME”
- “EVS Salzburg Day-care Centre. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME”
… to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com